Epic Aircraft, based in beautiful Bend, Oregon, is an exciting, challenging and rewarding place to work. Epic is currently seeking talented and creative individuals to help bring the Epic Certified E1000 aircraft to market. Epic Aircraft offers its employees highly competitive wages, a comprehensive benefits program, and the opportunity to live and work in Central Oregon, one of the nation’s most desirable communities. Please review our current openings and send your resume and references to our Recruiting Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All employment inquiries are managed via email – not by phone. Thank you for your cooperation.
NDT Level II Penetrant Inspector
The NDT Level II Penetrant Inspector will perform Nondestructive Testing (NDT) and evaluation of adhesive bonded assemblies and components. The Inspector will develop inspection techniques for approval by the Quality Manager. Prepare reports summarizing inspection results and other quality documents in support of manufacturing operations. Will support the overall organization as part of the Quality group and provide NDT Testing on composite aerospace components and hardware. Will also monitor and maintain test equipment and work area as required.
- Sets up and performs non-destructive testing inspections on parts, materials and assemblies to determine the existence and extent of discontinuities.
- Interprets ultrasonic readings and/or other NDT methods to determine location of subsurface and surface defects, such as inclusions, cracks, porosity, etc. Marks defective areas on the film, inspection record, and rejected material.
- Performs inspection operations in accordance with Quality Control Standards, written specifications, or verbal instructions. Participates as required in product/process auditinq through hardware/data verification and Statistical Process Control (SPC) verification activities. Completes all related documentation.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must have a minimum of 5 Years experience in NDT inspection of aerospace components using ultrasonic and radiographic methods.
- Level II in the NDE disciplines of liquid penetrant, magnetic particle and ultrasonic testing is preferred.
- Experience with NDT inspection of composite adhesive bonded aircraft structures.
- Experience with automated C-scan inspection systems and proficient with manual A-scan equipment.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of quality.
- Team work and professionalism a must.
Aviation Technical Writer
The Technical writer is responsible for writing, editing, proofreading and managing technical documents such as Standard Operating Procedures, Training Documents, Maintenance Manuals, Illustrated Parts Catalogs, and Reports. The Technical Writer will manage and control all technical documents in accordance with standard company practices and procedures. Will also revise new and existing documents per Engineering changes, requests, new information and corrections.
• Produce new and revised airplane technical manuals (AMM, CMM, IPC, WDM and SRM) extracting information from various sources.
• Write maintenance/flight procedures by processing source documents, notes and vendor information
• Author procedures for technical publication in M.S. Word and/or Framemaker.
• Minimum 3-5 years experience as an Aviation Technical Writer directly related to creating & revising technical documents
• BS/BA degree or equivalent experience (preferred but not required)
• Ability to develop airplane technical manuals from engineering drawings, manufacturing, flight, and supplier data.
• This position requires knowledge of aircraft systems and operations, an understanding of aircraft parts and some familiarity with FAA rules and regulations
• Good communication, presentation, writing, research, organizational and design skills is essential.
• Experience using CAD/Solidworks illustrations is preferred
• Experience with MS Office suite
• Self-starter and able to make sound writing decisions with minimum supervision
• Able to mentor less experienced writers
The Quality Engineer (QE) will report to the QA manager with primary responsibility to support the documentation required for a FAA production certificate. The QE will be responsible for training, mentoring and assisting in other areas such as the Material Test Lab, Material Review, Composite Fabrication, Drawing interpretation as needed.
• Responsible for the planning, development and implementation of a quality system that will be FAA approved and ISO compliant.
• Training and mentoring of other team members including Engineers, Inspectors, Manufacturing associates and Interns.
• Defect cause and corrective action investigation.
• Drawing review for proper application of GD&T, inspection capability, design clarity.
• Act as a quality liaison to manufacturing and design engineering.
• 5 years of Quality experience with at least 3 years as a Quality Engineer.
• Bachelors Degree in Aerospace, Quality or related, Quality Engineering Certificate (QEC) desirable.
• Familiar with composite fabrication and the processes associated with it.
• Familiar with ISO 9001 and FAA manufacturing and inspection requirements.
• Highly motivated, adaptable, self-sufficient, and able to effectively work under pressure.
• Must be able to work with teams, DER’s, & other FAA Specialists
• Must have strong knowledge of engineering principles, practices, manufacturing, and design.
• Must have proficient oral and written communication skills.
• Must have strong leadership skills.
• Strong background in dimensional and process inspection of composite components and assemblies