Epic Aircraft, based in beautiful Bend, Oregon, is an exciting, challenging and rewarding place to work. Epic is currently seeking talented and creative individuals to help bring the Epic Certified E1000 aircraft to market. Epic Aircraft offers its employees highly competitive wages, a comprehensive benefits program, and the opportunity to live and work in Central Oregon, one of the nation’s most desirable communities. Please review our current openings and send your resume and references to our Recruiting Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All employment inquiries are managed via email – not by phone. Thank you for your cooperation.
The Welder Fabricator will be responsible for welding aircraft parts, aircraft assembly tooling and fixtures. Duties include fitting and joining, fabricating, and repairing metal and other materials by applying appropriate welding techniques in accordance with product specifications and production schedules.
- Weld welding aircraft parts, aircraft assembly tooling and fixtures with welding equipment as specified by layouts, engineering drawings, work orders, or verbal instructions.
- Work includes set-up, laying out work using jigs/fixtures or hand layouts to fabricate parts and/or rework finished products.
- Work with fitters or fitters/welders to assist in the fabrication or welding of multi-component parts.
- Operate forklifts, hoists, hand power tools, slings, grinders, cutting torch, and other hand tools related to the jobs needs.
- Inspect and correct welds as necessary to meet product specifications.
- Read, understand, and follow job order specifications, engineering drawings, and/or work orders.
- Willingness to cross-train and perform the work of other job tasks in addition to the primary assigned position.
- Inspect equipment to maintain functional equipment if any equipment needs repairs notify supervisor/lead or maintenance department.
- Perform a variety of complicated tasks, as required.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- 2-4 years welding experience including Tig welding
- Familiar with a variety of welder concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to understand welding symbols and diagrams, read blueprints, and/or other printed instructional material in the welding of products or parts.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with welding equipment such as torches, torch tips, filler rods, flux, hoses, valves, and gas cylinders.
- Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Demonstrate willingness to work with others in a team environment.
- Positive, willingness to learn and participate in a changing environment to reach a common goal
- Tape Measurement and Blueprint reading skills a must.
- Aviation experience a plus
- Candidates will be expected to participate in a welding performance test
The Interior Technician will perform composites fabrication, trim and drill operations, bonding, bodywork, and upholstering on a day to day basis. The Technicians are required to meet strict quality standards on all listed skill sets.
- Assist in the completion of aircraft interiors
- Trim and drill operations on interior panels
- Fit and bond in fastening systems
- Layup new or repair of composite panels
- Body work panels with fillers and foam to prep for upholstery
- Cover interior panels with leather, vinyl, and other materials
- Meet quality standards on every part
- 3 yrs experience with composite materials and processes: layup, trim, repair, bonding, etc.
- Proficient with pneumatic cutting tools. (and the ability to trim to scribe lines without over trimming )
- High standards for following instructions, detailed work, and work quality.
- Self-motivated, Self-disciplined, organized, and driven individual.
Production Interiors Manager
The Production Interiors Manager will oversee staff, scheduling, supplies, and all other needs regarding the production interior dpt. The PIM will be responsible for completing the remaining Kit (experimental) projects with a focus on training staff for the certified production line. Will also be responsible for upholding the quality standard and output of the department.
- Hiring and Management of staff
- Set strategic goals by choosing course of action, training staff, enforcing systems, defining objectives, and evaluating results.
- Maintain quality standards for departments output
- Inventory management, tools, and equipment needed for department.
- Collaborate with Design and Engineering staff
- 5 yrs experience in the aerospace industry with a minimum of 3 yrs of management experience.
- Experience with composite materials and processes: layup, trim, repair, bonding, fit, fastening, etc.
- General knowledge of upholstery skills: cover, foam, sewing, final fitment, etc.
- Production management experience.
- Motivated, adaptable, and able to work under pressure.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Understanding of manufacturing processes
The Quality Engineer (QE) will report to the QA manager with primary responsibility to support the documentation required for a FAA production certificate. The QE will be responsible for training, mentoring and assisting in other areas such as the Material Test Lab, Material Review, Composite Fabrication, Drawing interpretation as needed.
- Responsible for the planning, development and implementation of a quality system that will be FAA approved and ISO compliant.
- Training and mentoring of other team members including Engineers, Inspectors, Manufacturing associates and Interns.
- Defect cause and corrective action investigation.
- Drawing review for proper application of GD&T, inspection capability, design clarity.
- Act as a quality liaison to manufacturing and design engineering.
- 5 years of Quality experience with at least 3 years as a Quality Engineer.
- Bachelors Degree in Aerospace, Quality or related, Quality Engineering Certificate (QEC) desirable.
- Familiar with composite fabrication and the processes associated with it.
- Familiar with ISO 9001 and FAA manufacturing and inspection requirements.
- Highly motivated, adaptable, self-sufficient, and able to effectively work under pressure.
- Must be able to work with teams, DER’s, & other FAA Specialists
- Must have strong knowledge of engineering principles, practices, manufacturing, and design.
- Must have proficient oral and written communication skills.
- Must have strong leadership skills.
- Strong background in dimensional and process inspection of composite components and assemblies
NDT Level II Inspector
The NDT Level II Inspector will perform Nondestructive Testing (NDT) and evaluation of adhesive bonded assemblies and components. The Inspector will develop inspection techniques for approval by the Quality Manager. Prepare reports summarizing inspection results and other quality documents in support of manufacturing operations. Will support the overall organization as part of the Quality group and provide NDT Testing on composite aerospace components and hardware. Will also monitor and maintain test equipment and work area as required.
- Sets up and performs non-destructive testing inspections on parts, materials and assemblies to determine the existence and extent of discontinuities.
- Interprets ultrasonic readings and/or other NDT methods to determine location of subsurface and surface defects, such as inclusions, cracks, porosity, etc. Marks defective areas on the part and completes inspection records.
- Performs inspection operations in accordance with Quality Control Standards, written specifications, or verbal instructions.
- Participates as required in product/process auditinq through hardware/data verification and Statistical Process Control (SPC) verification activities.
- Completes all related documentation.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must have a minimum of 5 Years experience in NDT inspection of aerospace components using ultrasonic and radiographic methods.
- Level II in the NDE disciplines of liquid penetrant, magnetic particle and ultrasonic testing is preferred.
- Experience with NDT inspection of composite adhesive bonded aircraft structures.
- Experience with automated C-scan inspection systems and proficient with manual A-scan equipment.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of quality.
- Team work and professionalism a must.
As part of the Quality Assurance Department the Dimensional Inspector is responsible for Inspecting parts or materials to meet required visual, dimensional and test requirements of engineering drawings and specifications. Will perform first article inspection and other inspections per specifications. When applicable, will select inspection method, determine test equipment, calibrate test equipment to standards, and evaluate results. Additionally, the Inspector researches, prepares, and signs off various documents for record keeping purposes as required. Will also monitor and maintain test equipment and work area as required. Will work in conjunction with Engineering department.
- Inspect parts or materials per specifications
- Perform first article inspections
- Coordinate measuring machine
- Use measuring instruments like depth and bore gauges, calipers and micrometers
- 3 years experience in first article inspections
- Must have prior experience as quality inspector working with machined and composite parts
- prefer prior experience using a Faro Arm or CMM and GD&T
- Experience with coordinating measuring machine required
- Ability to read and understand geometric tolerancing and dimensioning
- Ability to read blueprints and engineering drawings
- Hand tool inspection skills
- Knowledge of non-destructive testing (NDT) processes desirable
- Ability to maintain a high degree of quality
- Team work and professionalism a must.