Epic Aircraft, based in beautiful Bend, Oregon, is an exciting, challenging and rewarding place to work. Epic is currently seeking talented and creative individuals to help bring the Epic Certified E1000 aircraft to market. Epic Aircraft offers its employees highly competitive wages, a comprehensive benefits program, and the opportunity to live and work in Central Oregon, one of the nation’s most desirable communities. Please review our current openings and send your resume and references to our Recruiting Specialist at email@example.com.
All employment inquiries are managed via email – not by phone. Thank you for your cooperation.
The Quality Engineer (QE) will report to the QA manager with primary responsibility to support the documentation required for a FAA production certificate. The QE will be responsible for training, mentoring and assisting in other areas such as the Material Test Lab, Material Review, Composite Fabrication, Drawing interpretation as needed.
- Responsible for the planning, development and implementation of a quality system that will be FAA approved and ISO compliant.
- Training and mentoring of other team members including Engineers, Inspectors, Manufacturing associates and Interns.
- Defect cause and corrective action investigation.
- Drawing review for proper application of GD&T, inspection capability, design clarity.
- Act as a quality liaison to manufacturing and design engineering.
- 5 years of Quality experience with at least 3 years as a Quality Engineer.
- Bachelors Degree in Aerospace, Quality or related, Quality Engineering Certificate (QEC) desirable.
- Familiar with composite fabrication and the processes associated with it.
- Familiar with ISO 9001 and FAA manufacturing and inspection requirements.
- Highly motivated, adaptable, self-sufficient, and able to effectively work under pressure.
- Must be able to work with teams, DER’s, & other FAA Specialists
- Must have strong knowledge of engineering principles, practices, manufacturing, and design.
- Must have proficient oral and written communication skills.
- Must have strong leadership skills.
- Strong background in dimensional and process inspection of composite components and assemblies
NDT Level II Inspector
The NDT Level II Inspector will perform Nondestructive Testing (NDT) and evaluation of adhesive bonded assemblies and components. The Inspector will develop inspection techniques for approval by the Quality Manager. Prepare reports summarizing inspection results and other quality documents in support of manufacturing operations. Will support the overall organization as part of the Quality group and provide NDT Testing on composite aerospace components and hardware. Will also monitor and maintain test equipment and work area as required.
- Sets up and performs non-destructive testing inspections on parts, materials and assemblies to determine the existence and extent of discontinuities.
- Interprets ultrasonic readings and/or other NDT methods to determine location of subsurface and surface defects, such as inclusions, cracks, porosity, etc. Marks defective areas on the part and completes inspection records.
- Performs inspection operations in accordance with Quality Control Standards, written specifications, or verbal instructions.
- Participates as required in product/process auditinq through hardware/data verification and Statistical Process Control (SPC) verification activities.
- Completes all related documentation.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must have a minimum of 5 Years experience in NDT inspection of aerospace components using ultrasonic and radiographic methods.
- Level II in the NDE disciplines of liquid penetrant, magnetic particle and ultrasonic testing is preferred.
- Experience with NDT inspection of composite adhesive bonded aircraft structures.
- Experience with automated C-scan inspection systems and proficient with manual A-scan equipment.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of quality.
- Team work and professionalism a must.
As part of the Quality Assurance Department the Dimensional Inspector is responsible for Inspecting parts or materials to meet required visual, dimensional and test requirements of engineering drawings and specifications. Will perform first article inspection and other inspections per specifications. When applicable, will select inspection method, determine test equipment, calibrate test equipment to standards, and evaluate results. Additionally, the Inspector researches, prepares, and signs off various documents for record keeping purposes as required. Will also monitor and maintain test equipment and work area as required. Will work in conjunction with Engineering department.
- Inspect parts or materials per specifications
- Perform first article inspections
- Coordinate measuring machine
- Use measuring instruments like depth and bore gauges, calipers and micrometers
- 3 years experience in first article inspections
- Must have prior experience as quality inspector working with machined and composite parts
- prefer prior experience using a Faro Arm or CMM and GD&T
- Experience with coordinating measuring machine required
- Ability to read and understand geometric tolerancing and dimensioning
- Ability to read blueprints and engineering drawings
- Hand tool inspection skills
- Knowledge of non-destructive testing (NDT) processes desirable
- Ability to maintain a high degree of quality
- Team work and professionalism a must.