Ready for launch. Climb out at 4,000 feet per minute, fully loaded, quickly and efficiently reaching altitudes you may not have flown through before. Level off at a maximum authorized ceiling of 34,000 feet. Stretch as you relax in the spacious cockpit, surveying an instrument panel more reminiscent of your luxury car than an aircraft. The ergonomically–designed flight deck consolidates pilot workflow and data management, returning aviation to what it should be: intuitive, engaging and fun. With a range of over 1650 nautical miles carrying a payload of 1100 pounds fully-fueled, your destination options are endless, especially given Epic’s superior slow-speed handling and short-field performance. Imagine the possibilities…
Fast and furious. The powerful 1200 HP Pratt & Whitney PT6A-67A engine placed on the aerodynamic airframe of the E1000 delivers true ‘jet-class’ performance. The remarkable strength of carbon fiber composite technology allows for optimal speed and durability. The result: an airframe that seamlessly moves through the air, allowing the E1000 to travel at over 325 KTAS— faster than any single-engine turboprop on the market – and rivaling the performance and speed of most personal business jets. We invite you to review actual fleet performance data for Epic Aircraft relative to the competition.
Defining a new era. The passionate engineers at Epic are dedicated to revolutionizing the way we fly. From the drawing board to the production floor, Epic continues to refine the rules of modern aviation, combining turbine power, composite technology, advanced avionics and first-class luxury, packaged in a sleek and elegant airframe. No other aircraft in its class fully optimizes the benefits of carbon fiber: a superior, stronger, very light weight, highly-moldable material that reduces the number of required parts and results in a more streamlined, efficient production process that ultimately translates into a lower purchase price and lower cost of ownership for customers. That’s innovation you can bank on!
Prepare to be impressed. The E1000 is sleek and statuesque, with elegant lines that draw attention on even the busiest ramps. The cockpit and cabin are spacious, with generous head and legroom able to accommodate 6’8″ tall pilots and passengers. The leather reclining seats are each equipped with side pockets, small item & technology storage, headset jacks, power ports, beverage holders, air vents and fingertip-adjustable LED reading lights. Versatile carbon fiber tray tables provide multiple configurations for ease of use and functionality. Electronically-dimming windows offer precision control over light, glare, heat and UV rays. Configurable cabin seating optimizes passenger and cargo requirements. Once airborne, the technologically-advanced sound proofing reduces engine noise and enhances cabin comfort.
Unlike most of its competitors, Epic uses advanced carbon fiber composite material throughout the construction of its entire E1000 airframe. The superior strength-to-weight ratio and capacity to mold complex curves and shapes makes composites the optimal material for producing aerodynamic forms and establishing a new standard of performance for many industries.
Other exceptional design features of the E1000 include:
- Rugged trailing link landing gear allows for more confident, consistently smooth landings on both paved and unpaved surfaces.
- Parker (Cleveland Wheels & Brakes) piston-actuated, hydraulic-operated single disc brakes allow for superior slowing and stopping ability and easier ground handling while taxiing.
- Steerable nose gear utilizes an oleo strut with full castering capability that provides ample shock absorption and superior handling.
- Control system combines cable, bell crank and push-pull rod systems, ensuring a positive, stable, controlled aircraft with smooth inputs throughout the flight envelope.
- Enviro-systems® pressurization and outflow solutions are industry-leading, technologically-advanced climate systems for cabin-class aircraft, with a fully-functional, ground-operable air conditioning system also provided.
- Deicing equipment includes pneumatic boots on wings, plus heated windshield and propeller.
- Torque limiter facilitates flight operations and enhances safety.
- Automatic fuel balancing system eliminates need to manually switch fuel tanks.
Benefits of Carbon Fiber Technology
- High Strength-to-Weight Ratio
- Visually Attractive
- Fewer Parts Count
- Improved Aerodynamics
- Better Fatigue Life
- Superior Wear Resistance
- Better Acoustics
- Corrosion Resistant
- Improved Insulating Properties
The innovative, ergonomically designed all-glass flight deck features the latest in advanced situational awareness and consolidated workflow, emphasizing intuitive, functional, safe and comfortable flight operations. The sculpted, leather-detailed carbon fiber yoke facilitates one-handed flight operations and integration with e-tablets and EFB devices. Custom avionics, including synthetic vision displays, GPS and integrated auto-pilot, are all incorporated into the Epic E1000, with vital traffic, weather, terrain and engine monitoring systems all standard, as described below:
- 3-Screen Garmin G1000 NXi Avionics Package (two GDU 1050A 10” PFD screens; one GDU 1250A 12” MFD screen)
- Garmin Flight Stream 510
- Garmin GMA 350 Audio Panel
- Garmin GEA 71B Engine & Airframe Interface
- Garmin GCU 477 Remote RMS Control Key Pad
- ADS-B Weather & Traffic
- Sirius XM Weather (first-year subscription included)
- Genesys Aerosystems IntelliFlight 2100 Autopilot
- ESI 500 Standby Attitude Module with Backup Magnetometer
- Available Options Include: Radar, Iridium Transceiver, RVSM Package (with Radar Altimeter & 2nd Transponder), Garmin GTS 825 Traffic Avoidance System (TAS), Synthetic Vision, International Packages.
More Than a Legend – Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6A-67A
The PT6A engine family remains the world’s most popular engine in its class and is one of P&WC’s greatest success stories. Experience gained from the PT6A has helped spawn many of the engine families that have made P&WC a world leader in the gas turbine engine market.
Dependability and versatility have been the hallmarks of the PT6A and continue to be the foundation of the many new PT6A models incorporating the very latest advanced technologies. New aerodynamic and material technologies have enabled the PT6 engine to gain more power without significantly increasing in size. Other innovations have reduced emissions, increased maintenance intervals and further enhanced ease of operation with the introduction of digital electronic control to small gas turbine engines.
Ranging in power from 500 shp to over 2,000 shp, PT6A engines are available in more than 69 models, offering unsurpassed flexibility and capability for a variety of applications. The numbers speak for themselves: members of the family currently power aircraft in service with more than 6,500 operators in more than 170 countries. More than 41,000 PT6A engines have been produced since the family entered service in the 1960s, accumulating 335 million flying hours. PT6A engines have demonstrated their versatility in powering aircraft applications spanning the airlines, general aviation, business, agricultural and utility markets.
Operators of PT6A engines are supported by P&WC’s industry-leading global customer support. This includes over 30 P&WC-owned and designated service facilities around the world, more than 100 field support representatives on all major continents, a 24/7 Customer First Center for rapid expert support, the most advanced diagnostic capabilities for this market and the largest pool of P&WC rental and exchange engines in the industry.
- Thermodynamic Power: 1825 ESHP
- Flat-Rated Mechanical Power: 1200 SHP
- Prop RPM: 1700
- Compression Ratio: 12:1
- HSI: 1750 hrs
- TBO: 3500 hrs